1. Washtenaw County, MI (McGovern/Sanders/Kasich)
2. Dane County, WI (McGovern/Sanders/Cruz -Kasich overperformance)
3. Johnson County, IA (McGovern/Sanders/Rubio)
4. Orange County, NC (McGovern/Sanders/Cruz -Kasich overperformance)
5. Amherst municipality, MA (McGovern/Sanders/Kasich)
6. Yolo County, CA (McGovern/Sanders/Trump -Kasich overperformance)
1. Athens County, OH (McGovern/Sanders/Trump -Kasich underperformance, though overperformance for region)
2. Jackson County, IL (McGovern/Sanders/Trump -Kasich underperformance, though overperformance for region)
3. Macon County, AL (McGovern/Clinton/Trump) -home mostly to Black Americans. Home of Tuskegee University.
4. Travis County, TX (Nixon/Sanders/Cruz -Rubio overperformance) -a more recently desouthernified town
5. Tompkins County, NY (Nixon/Sanders/Trump -Kasich and Cruz overperformance)
6. Burlington, VT, Middlebury, VT, and Montpelier, VT. All these are in Vermont, which is a very Brahmin state in itself, which makes it hard to judge their relevance.
7. Athens County, GA (Nixon/Clinton/Rubio -Sanders overperformance). Another fairly recently desouthernified town.
Pitkin County, CO, home of Aspen. McGovern/Sanders/Cruz. Not exactly college town, but similar in feel.