2. Trump says he’ll rescind some of Obama’s executive orders on Cuba. He’s always been open to this, but he was the least anti-Castro Republican among the top four candidates. At least we know this is not born out of the ideological conviction of Ted Cruz, but merely the desire to win enough Cuban votes to propel the Republican ticket to victory.
4. I didn’t know America switched to first-to-file several years ago. But it’s true. Man, am I out of touch.
5. Sailer analyzes the Clintons -winning column The more I read about Bill Clinton and Andrew Jackson, the more Clinton looks like Bizarro-world Evil Jackson. Where Jackson fought Indians and the British, Bill dodged the draft. Where Jackson married a divorced woman and was very popular around women, but was totally monogamous and had no biological children, Bill was adulterous and a sexual harasser. Where Jackson was a strong fiscal conservative and fought against the power elite, Clinton led the Democratic Party to move Northeast and joined into the power elite, while railing against spending cuts and appointing shredders of the Constitution to the courts.
6. Crime rate in Hazelton, Luzerne County, PA See also here. Any bets on whether “lifelong Republican” Schleicher is a Jew? Naturally, Luzerne County was the most pro-Trump county in the Pennsylvania GOP primary, despite going for Pat Toomey’s Democratic opponent in 2010, and definitely deserves to be analyzed in this election. It may swing Pennsylvania to Trump.
7. How one unusual 19-year-old Black guy from Illinois is distorting national polling averages. Good piece on the LAT/USC poll, including a correction of the results. Clinton is up 4 points. I’m getting really worried about Trump here.