1. Black Democrats -these are candidates who solidly command the Black and Hispanic vote.
2. Principled Democrats -these are most likely to win young voters, as well as descendants of Eisenhower Republicans. Generally do stronger in caucus states than other Democrats.
3. Establishment Democrats -these are the most likely to win the rich suburbs Kasich won in the 2016 Republican primary
4. Southern White Democrats -these are the candidates most likely to win the southern White Democrat vote
5. Hispanic Democrats -these are the candidates most likely to win the Hispanic vote
Obama was a combination of a Minority and Principled Democrat candidate. Clinton was definitely not a Black Democrat in 2008, but was a Hispanic one. Bernie is a Principled Democrat.