My rules about commenting:
0. The comment policy has been changed several times and will be changed several more times without warning or explanation.
1. No comment is ever published by a new commentator until I know of its existence. Please wait a period of 13 hours without evidence I am active anywhere on WordPress to conclude your comment has been deleted and seven days to conclude I am not responding to it (I respond more quickly to shorter comments). Once I approve a commentator’s comment, that commentator can comment on this blog freely. I respond to comments as soon as I can (except when I don’t). Comments with over three hyperlinks are not considered spam by either Akismet or me, unless, of course, they are, in fact, spam or Akismet declares them spam for whatever reason. All comments declared by Akismet to be spam for whatever reason will be deleted without explanation. I never look in the spam folder. As hundreds of comments have been published at this blog without incident, I am confident of Akismet’s ability to distinguish legitimate comments from spam comments. To see if your comment went through the spam filter, but was not approved by me, check the Dungeon below 17 hours or more after posting your comment.
2. Speak English better than any other language you speak or as well as your first language. Proper grammar, capitalization, and spelling are musts. Gratuitous profanity is not permitted for new commentators. Those commentators whose comments do not show obvious familiarity with the English language will be blocked from commenting. Comments which both display a clear unfamiliarity with the English language and lack a clear point shall be deleted. I look at your IP Address when you comment, so your general location is not secret to me if no precautions are taken to obfuscate it. Link(s) to a webpage/webpages not in English without explanation may lead to non-publication of your comment.
3. All spam will be deleted. If you are just spreading links to your website without making a comprehensible, relevant, and non-generic point about the post on which you are commenting on, you are a spammer, and deserve two minutes of brutal torture for every time you try to post your spam comment. Though I freely admit to being guilty of spamming the Marginal Revolution threads in order to keep resistance against Cowen’s disorder alive, I ask you to do as I say, not as I do.
4. Link to your own website/YouTube channel/Facebook profile/Twitter profile/whatever social media profile you happen to have-or don’t link to one at all! If a comment is of insufficient intellectual caliber and breaks this rule, it will be molested. If your link does not direct to an actual web page, I have the full right to revise your link so that it does direct to an actual web page whose contents are controlled by you (e.g., if you leave your name and link to a nonexistent blog with your name being part of the url of that nonexistent blog, if you do actually have a real personal blog which can be found by searching your name on the web, I may change the illegitimate url you put in to the real url of your actual blog).
5. One must make at least one clear, relevant, and non-generic point when commenting.
6. Insults or irrelevant and/or unsubstantiated ad hominem attacks are impermissible. If you find me or any other commentator to be incorrect (especially on a major point such as the existence of an invisible man in the sky), substantiate your assertions and always give links to your sources. To prevent rumor-mongering, comments that make claims of fact I’ve never heard of and do not link to or mention sources to back up those claims may not be published or may be deleted after publication.
7. I do not typically communicate by email. Threads should be made out in the open, and, even more importantly, made. Do not expect your comment to continue to stay, or even be, published if you do not to respond to my replies to your comment unless you’re an established commentator here.
I do not reveal my email addresses to the general public. If I want to communicate with you by email, I’ll contact you. If you want to contact me privately, send me a PGP-encrypted comment, as seen at the very bottom of this page. Post your public key along with your PGP-encrypted comment! My public key is here. Download the file by clicking the download button at the top, then save the file and import it into your PGP application. For a PGP application to decrypt PGP-encrypted comments, each of the four long dashes at the beginning and end must be replaced with five minus signs. Obviously, I would not recommend this if I hadn’t tried it myself. For newbies to PGP, I recommend the below video, recorded by none other than the great man himself:
Though I recommend use of gpg4usb in place of gpg4win, for various reasons. In gpg4win, GPA is still very much preferable to Kleopatra.
8. If you do not read the entire post/page on which you are commenting on, and your not reading is visible from the content of your comment, I will delete or otherwise molest your comment.
9. If you do not have anything to contribute, do not post a comment. This is the rule for ending discussions. Please give a warning if you plan to end a discussion. Sometimes, a warning cannot be given, as the discussion is potentially never-ending in a finite world; I understand this. If you claim that no amount of evidence will persuade you that a belief of yours which I do not accept is false, you will be blocked and the discussion will be declared over with.
10. As I am using a WordPress.com theme which does not allow numbering of comments or decent nested comments, and I am not willing to cough up $30 for Custom Design, you all have to bear with me and clearly indicate to which comment you are responding. If you do not do this, I may do it for you. By some strange wizardry, I am able to use the “reply” feature as a blog administrator all the time, while you aren’t.
11. Bald-faced lying and willfully misrepresenting publicly available source material without regard for truth is not acceptable and may result in banning.
I have refused to publish the comments of over half a dozen commentators on this blog. However, until February 12, 2013, I have not bothered to record them. Thus, the below list is incomplete. Spammers are not recorded.
On This Blog:
phoo34 (August 24, 2012), from the area of Milan, Italy, for violating Rule 2 by not knowing English. Commented on Mountain of Fire Extinguished-A Critical Review. One of four commentators officially blocked by me.
olivecandlevoice (September 5, 2012), from the area of Alberta, Canada, for violating Rules 2, 6, and 8. All comments published and translated in blog posts with responses to his points. Commented on AJaL, the Comment Policy page, and the About page. Couldn’t find the main page of this blog, was at first incapable of identifying me as pithom (this was before I added the Gravatar to the sidebar). Probably doesn’t even know his comments were published in blog posts.
moi moi (February 14, 2013), from the area of Portland, Oregon, for violating Rules 2, 4, and 5. Comment not published. Commented on Pattern-Seeking: Ingeniousness and Stupidity.
ken05777 (July 25, 2013), from the Detroit metro area, for violating Rules 2, 10, 5 and 6. Comment not published. Commented on AJaL. Another commentator officially blocked by me.
dein (July 11, 2013), from Bornean Malaysia, for not responding to me, thus violating Rule 7. Request for a response given by me on day of comment’s approval. Comment deleted in August.
Serge D (August 23, 2013), from Poitou-Charentes, France, for his deleted comment consisting almost entirely of a link to a French-language Facebook page of a French crank. His other comment was allowed through, as it linked to somewhat more interesting (still crankish) French-language sources. Commented on The Equator in “The Revelation of the Pyramids”.
Riley Frost (August 27, 2013), from Norfolk, UK, for not responding to me, thus violating Rule 7. Comment deleted one day and one week after it was published. Warning of possible deletion given one day and one week before deletion. Commented on A Few Weekly Conclusions About Syria.
helen (November 14, 2013), from Ashland, Ohio, for violating Rules 2 and 6. Comment not published.
inyourface (December 4, 2013), from Spain(?), for violating Rule 6. Comment not published. Commented on Yeah, Khufu’s Cartouches in the Great Pyramid of Giza are Genuine.
wakawakawaka (December 20, 2013), from the area of Vancouver, Canada, for violating Rule 2. Comment not published, but responded to. Commented on I Discover the True Location of Zawiyet Umm el-Rakham Fort! Asked me my thoughts on Henry B. Smith Jr. of Associates for Biblical Research.
John DAuria (December 26, 2013), from the area of Sofia, Bulgaria, for violating Rule 2. Comment not published, but responded to. Commented on My Late Christmas Gift To You All. His second comment on the same post is published.
robacosta (September 11, 2014), from the region of Denver, Colorado, is the reason for the existence of Rule 11. All comments published. Commented on AJaL. The third commentator officially banned by me.
fjg (September 14, 2014), from the region of London, Ontario, Canada, for violating Rules 6 and 2. Comment not published. Commented on Yeah, Khufu’s Cartouches in the Great Pyramid of Giza are Genuine.
Wesley Walker (December 3, 2014), from the region of Bentonville, Arkansas, for violating Rules 6 and 9. Sanctimonious and deluded religionist. Comment not published. Clearly hadn’t read the About page. Commented on AJaL. The fourth commentator officially banned by me.
classicjukebox (December 24-25, 2012), for non-compliance with special demands I made upon him (to answer some questions I posed to him) under threat of deletion of the entire conversation between me and him.
I watched a spider in the center of his web, tug and jerk at the web to see if the insect it caught was alive or was a leaf.
If you can see these things and deny God, I just dont know what you are thinking.
-All you need to know about how deeply this person can reason.
All his comments and all my replies to him deleted. Commented on Ron Wyatt’s Sodom and Gomorrah video.
A bunch of random commentators’ random attempted, but unremoved, links on this video that had piled up over the course of half a year (comments deleted on September 3 and 4, 2013).